Student Employment Application Procedures
Technology Services accepts applications throughout the year for various technology related positions. You will be notified by e-mail or by phone if selected for an interview. The positions that we fill are below.
- Lab assistants - for supporting TS computer labs
- Onsite technicians - for help with onsite desktop support
Please feel free to apply for any positions.
Skill Requirements (Applicants must have the following skill-sets for Lab and Helpdesk positions) :
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Basic Windows desktop and file management
- Basic Macintosh desktop and file management
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Equipment Requirements (Applicants must know the following for Classroom Support and Equipment Lending positions) :
- Willingness to learn to use, troubleshoot, and maintain instructional technology equipment
- Deliver and set up audio-visual and presentation equipment to classrooms and other campus facilities
- Assist in on-going equipment and facility maintenance activities
- Participate in media production activities
In order to be considered for a position with Technology Services, you must first go through the application process. The following steps must be completed:
- Write John Ducote at email@example.com and request an application.
- Include a resume with your email.
- Applicants will be contacted by e-mail or phone for job interviews as needs arise.
Work hours are arranged to be compatible with each student's class schedule during the semester and will not exceed 20 hours per week during the semester.
During the summer each student can work up to 40 hours a week.